Welcome to a new user experience – Moodle 4.0 is here!
Moodle has a new personality!
Moodle 4.0 introduces a new design language, visual style and is responsive and consistent across devices. “In addition to refining the aesthetics, grouping course information has improved tcapacity of teachers, trainers and learners to understand the content of the page without feeling overwhelmed,” says Bangma.
The new navigation hierarchy is simplified and shows what is contextually relevant. Access to the most commonly used elements is provided via tabbed navigation, which is consistent across the entire site. These enhancements reduce cognitive load and make it easy for educators and learners to find what they want, when they need it.
An improved course page and a rejuvenated dashboard
The course page now clearly displays relevant information and required actions for each activity, including description, completion terms and completion status, relevant activity dates, such as bid opening and closing, and restrictions, if any. Learners can also Collapse or expand sections within course pages to focus on particular content items or activities.
A rejuvenated dashboard welcomes the learner and summarizes important tasks in a timeline with clear call-to-action buttons. The dashboard includes a single-view schedule of requirements where learners can import or export other schedules.
These improvements allow learners to anticipate deadlines and manage their time more effectively.
A key improvement in Moodle 4.0 is the addition of a new collapsible and expandable course index on the course page, making it easier and faster for students and educators to find activities and resources or track course content. completion of activities. Educators will find it a powerful tool because they can use it to drag and reposition activities (and even entire sections) within a lesson, which means less time organizing lessons and more time teaching.
Another new expandable and collapsible component on the right side of the screen allows teachers to prioritize blocks displaying course-specific updates, information, and reminders. Learners can choose to make blocks smaller or larger, allowing them to reduce visual clutter and focus on the learning at hand.
Additionally, “My Courses” is a new dedicated self-contained page that helps teachers and learners quickly find, view and navigate between all their courses.
Open Source Virtual Classroom – BigBlueButton
We are proud to announce that BigBlueButton has been integrated into Moodle 4.0 as a standard feature. BigBlueButton is an open source web conferencing and virtual classroom offering real-time sharing of audio, video, chat, slides, screen sharing, multi-user whiteboard, breakout rooms sub-committee, polls and emojis. A key tool for fostering learner engagement, the free BigBlueButton hosting included in Moodle LMS 4.0 offers user engagement analytics, 60 minutes and 25 users per session, a webcam moderator and seven-day non-downloadable recordings.
Quiz and homework get better
The quiz has been enhanced in Moodle 4.0 with the flexibility of the question bank allowing teachers to analyze the success of particular types of questions in quizzes and create differentiated versions based on assessment performance. Additionally, the introduction of time assignments allows teachers to sharpen learner focus and minimize distractions.
Permanent focus on accessibility
Accessibility is an ongoing concern in the development of Moodle and our development practices are aligned with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Like Moodle LMS 3.11, Moodle 4.0 will undergo an accessibility audit against the WCAG 2.1 AA standard to gain formal accreditation. Thanks to a project funded and offered by the Moodle Users Association (MUA), improvements to the text editor in Moodle 4.0 make it easier for people using keyword browsing or screen readers to create and edit course content or submissions.
Other Key Improvements
- Educators and content creators now have the option to automatically send an alert to students about new or updated content via the Moodle app and email, so students can keep up to date with new requirements classes.
- Moodle 4.0 advances interoperability with improved security, account linking and ease of use with improved LTI capabilities. As well as allowing learners to access external content from a Moodle site, Moodle 4.0 can act as an LTI 1.3 Advantage Host, allowing content to be delivered to other sites that consume it.
- In order to inform educational decisions, Report Builder, a feature of Moodle Workplace, has been integrated into Moodle 4.0. Managers can generate enhanced system-level and customized reports that allow educators to measure student progress, analyze impact, and improve learning programs.
- In Moodle 4.0, administrators can save the configuration of their Moodle site, so that they can share it with other Moodle sites or other Moodle users. For those who prefer to keep things simple, you can create your own Moodle flavor by disabling features your users don’t need and saving the configuration for easy setup and sharing with others.
- To help new users get started and accelerate their understanding of the platform, Moodle Update User Tours will orient newcomers to the look and feel of Moodle and provide quick tips on key features and new features. features.
Learn more about Moodle 4.0watch the new Moodle 4.0 video and visit the new feature page. Or, if you need expert assistance with hosting, customization, training or support, please contact a Moodle Certified Service Provider.
For media inquiries, please Contact us.